Saucy sausage pasta
PREP: 5 MINSCOOK: 25 MINS
Tomato, onion and garlic pasta sauce with sausage chunks for a bit of substance – cost effective meal and a great as a hangover cure
1 tbsp olive oil
packet of 8 pork sausages (the best your budget will allow), cut into chunky pieces
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp chilli powder
400g can chopped tomatoes
300g short pasta such as fusilli or farfalle (just over half a 500g bag)
- Put a large pan of water on to boil.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and fry chunky pieces of 8 pork sausages on a fairly high heat until they are golden brown all over.
- Now turn the heat down and add 1 large chopped onion and 2 crushed garlic cloves, cooking them until they have softened.
- Stir in 1 tsp chilli powder and 400g chopped tomatoes with the sausages, bring the sauce to the boil then turn the heat down and let it bubble for about 10 minutes while you cook the pasta.
- Drop 300g pasta into the pan of boiling water and cook according to the pack instructions.
- Drain the pasta, then tip it into the frying pan with the sausage sauce, mixing well to coat. Dish up immediately with crusty bread.
- kcal 645
- fat 30g
- saturates 10g
- carbs 74g
- sugars 0g
- fibre 5g
- protein 24g
- salt 2.77g